Message from the CEO
TPI is uniquely positioned and focused on addressing two of the greatest challenges impacting our world today – the global energy crisis and climate change. The geopolitical and macroeconomic events of this past year have underscored the need to accelerate the growth and transition to clean and renewable energy. Governments around the world have taken decisive action through landmark plans and legislation such as REPowerEU and the Green Deal Industrial Plan in Europe and the Inflation Reduction Act in the United States to address these challenges. We believe these initiatives will accelerate the transition to renewable energy and the pace at which we reach net-zero emissions globally.
The International Energy Agency expects global wind installs to reach almost 400GW per year in 2030, more than three times larger than in 2022, with the goal of achieving zero emissions by 2050. TPI’s mission is to deliver innovative and sustainable solutions to decarbonize and electrify the world by expanding the adoption of renewable energy. We intend to expand our manufacturing output over the next five years and have a significant role in addressing the global energy crisis and climate change. With our focus on decarbonizing and electrifying the world, we strive to set the “ESG Gold Standard.” To accomplish this, we have developed long-term ESG goals and continue to make progress toward achieving them. I am proud of our ESG performance and am excited to share our major accomplishments:
- Enhanced our global Behavior-Based Safety (BBS) program to further reinforce positive safety behaviors at all of our facilities.
- Transitioned to a new Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion program called IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness)
- Reached 30% female and 30% ethnically diverse persons on our Board of Directors
- Produced over 8,800 wind blades reaching 38% global onshore market share, excluding China, resulting in 410 million metric tons of CO2e reduction over the wind turbine blades’ 20-year average lifespan
- Achieved our waste reduction goal of 5%
We will remain steadfast on the front lines as an industry leader, driving the renewable energy transition forward for years to come.